550g plain flour (sieved)
2 1/2 tsp dried yeast
70 g butter (melted)
70 g castor sugar
200ml milk (or 100ml milk + 100 ml water)
pinch of salt
150g raisin (optional)
For the egg wash
1 egg + 2tbsp milk ( to brush the surface )
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
200g brown sugar
70 g butter
1. Put all the ingredients for dough into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix well with a wooden spatula.
3. Knead to form a smooth dough.
4. Cover with a piece of damp cloth. Set aside for 1 1/2 -2 hours for it to rise to double its size.
5. Meanwhile, put the ingredients for the fillings into a bowl and blend well.
6. When the dough is about double the size, punch the air out using your knuckles.
7. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 minute.
8. Roll the dough out into rectangular shape of about 1/2 cm thick.
9. Spread fillings evenly on the dough. Sprinkle with raisin if desired.
10. Roll up the dough like swiss roll.
11. Cut into rolls of about 1 cm thickness.
12. Place the rolls on a lightly greased baking tray.
13. Cover and set aside to let rise ( about 15 minutes).
14. Preheat the oven to 190C.
15. Brush the surface with the egg wash and bake for 15 minutes.