160g self raising flour ( or 160g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
20g castor sugar
30g melted butter/olive oil
100 ml water
100 ml milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp alkaline water
80g fried peanuts (pounded) , coarse sugar ( 70g)
1. Put all dry ingredients in a container. Add egg, water, milk and melted butter and beat until smooth. Stir in alkaline water and leave to rest for 1 hour ( or at least 30minutes)
2. Dip a piece of kitchen tissue with some oil and lightly grease a 12" non-stick pan.
3. Heat the pan over medium-low flame and pour in the batter.
4. Swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly, coating the sides slightly with a thin layer.
5. Cover the pan (just to cook for a while).
6. When bubbles burst on the surface of the half-cooked batter, sprinkle over the peanut and coarse sugar.
7. Cover to cook over low flame for further half a minute or until it's fully cooked.
8. Fold the "pancake" into half using a spatula.
9. Remove from pan. Cool slightly before cutting.