1 packet of gui ling gao powder ( for 2 small bowls)
1 packet of chrysanthemum granules (optional)
250 ml boiling water
( Normally I prepare 3 packets at one time.)
1. While boiling the water, mix a packet each of gui ling gao powder and chrysanthemum granules in a container.
2. Add 3-4 tbsp water (room temperature) to the mixture and blend well into a smooth paste. This is important so that the texture of jelly would not be lumpy.
3. Pour 250ml of boiling water slowly onto the jelly mixture. Stir without stopping (to prevent lumps) using a pair of chop-sticks while pouring in the water. You may use a whisk also in this case.
4. Transfer immediately into moulds as the jelly thickens very quickly i.e almost at the same time that you're stirring.
5. Cool and refrigerate it before serving.
6. Serve with 1-2 tbsp honey.