250g plain flour
125 g butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp blueberry (from can)
oil for deep frying
1. Sieve flour and 1/2 tsp salt into a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter.
2. Use fingertips to rub the flour and butter together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Make sure there is no large lump of butter remaining.
3. Gradually add in the cold water and knead until you get a smooth dough. The dough must not be too hard or too sticky to handle.
4. Put the dough into a plastic bag and rest it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
5. Peel and cut apples into small cubes.
6. Cook apple in saucepan over low flame. Add in sugar, ground cinnamon and about 50 ml water and cook until apple is soft.
7. Dish up to cool.
8. Mix the cooked apple with 3 tbsp of blueberry. Adjust sweetness if necessary.
9. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 1.5 mm in thickness. Cut into 3.5"squares.
10. Onto each piece, put about 1 tbsp heap of fruit.
11. Moisten edges with a bit of water. Fold and press edges together with a fork.
12. Heat oil in a saucepan to deep fry the apple pies. Fry each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
13. Dish up onto kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
14. Serve immediately.