200g tang flour ( wheat flour)
100g rice flour
450 ml boiling water
300g chinese chives ( cut into small pieces )
100g prawn/pork ( chopped into small pieces)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
pinch of salt
dash of pepper
1. Sieve 200g tang flour and 100g rice flour into a big mixing bowl.
2. Boil 450ml water and pour in into the flour.
3. Stir quickly to mix well. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
4. Mix evenly the chinese chives, prawn/pork, sesame oil, oyster sauce, light soya sauce, pepper and salt in a bowl.
5. Add in 2 tbsp cooking oil to knead the dough when it is slightly cool . The dough has to be very sticky, i.e , sticking to your hands.
6. Put some flour on your palms ( avoid sticking ) and divide the dough into 25 pcs.
7. Take a piece of the dough and roll on your palm to form a ball. Press to flatten the ball to a thin round shape skin.
8. Put filling in the centre and seal up in the middle.
9. Boil some water in a steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes. The dumplings looked slightly transparent when cooked.
10. Brush the surface of the dumplings with a bit of cooking oil.
11. Serve hot.