500g minced pork
300g prawn ( chopped coarsely ) or fish paste
10 water chestnuts ( chopped coarsely)
2 egg yolks ( keep egg white for sealing the meat rolls)
3 pcs Jacob cream crackers ( pounded finely)
1 red chilli ( chopped finely, optional )
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 sheet bean curd skin ( cut into 16 pieces)
some cornflour to dust the skin
1. Mix all ingredients A in a container. Set aside to season to 30 minutes.
2. Use damp cloth to wipe the bean curd skin or it will be very salty.
3. Put a bit of egg white and sprinkle a bit of cornflour on the bean curd skin. A bit cornflour makes the meat roll firmer to handle.
4. Scoop some pork mixture and put on the bean curd skin. Roll up and seal with egg white.
5. The two ends can be twisted, folded, or just simply seal them with some egg white without twisting or folding.
6. Heat up enough oil to deep fry the meat rolls.
7. When the skin is golden brown and crispy, dish out onto kitchen tissue to get rid of excess oil.
8. Slice to serve with chilli sauce.