1 small bitter gourd ( about 150g )
200g fish fillet ( I used mackerel )
1 shallot ( sliced )
1 stalk spring onion ( cut into 1" lengths)
5 slices ginger
1/2 tsp black bean paste
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp corn flour
1. Cut the bitter gourd into thin slices. Rub it with some salt and leave it for 5 minutes ( to remove bitterness). Wash away the salt.
2. Marinate the fish fillet with 1 tbsp light soya sauce and 2 tbsp corn flour.
3. Heat up 2 tbsp oil in saucepan and stir fry the shallot until fragrant. Add in the ginger and bitter gourd.
4. Stir fry the bitter gourd for a while. Add in 50 ml water and cover to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the bitter gourd is almost cooked.
5. Put in the fish fillet and spring onion. Do not stir. Cover and leave it to cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add oyster sauce, black bean paste and stir fry to mix well.
7. Dish out and serve with rice.