1 small chicken ( black/kampung chicken )
2" old ginger ( flattened )
20 pcs red dates
40g huai san
50g yuk chuk
20g tung kwai
50g tong sum
40g pak kei
50g kei chi
2 litre water
salt to taste
1. Remove the chicken skin and cut it into chunky pieces.
2. Add 1/2 tsp salt to chicken to marinate.
3. Bring to boil 2 litre of water in a large pot. Add in all the herbs and ginger. Cover to let it boil.
4. When the water boils, add in the chicken.
5. Cook over high flame for about 10 minutes.
6. Put to low flame and let it simmer for 2 hours.
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Dish out to serve while it is hot.