250 g brinjal ( cut into rectangular pieces )
3-5 cloves of garlic ( chop into fine pieces )
2 slices ginger ( cut into thin strips )
1 tbsp apple vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
pinch of salt
1. Heat up enough oil in saucepan to shallow fry the brinjal.
2. Dish up when the brinjal is almost cooked.
3. Pour out excess oil and leave about 3 tbsp oil in saucepan.
4. Stir fry garlic and ginger till fragrant. Add in apple vinegar, sugar, oyster sauce, light soya sauce and pinch of salt.
5. Stir to melt the sugar over medium flame. Put in the brinjal.
6. Stir fry lightly to mix well.
7. Dish up onto a plate.
8. Garnish with spring onion and red chilli to serve with white rice.