250g bitter gourd
2 shallots ( sliced into thin pieces)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1. Slice the bitter gourd lengthwise into 4 pieces and remove seeds and inner white pulp.
2. Cut the bitter gourd into thin slices. Rub the bitter gourd with salt (to remove bitterness). Leave for about 5 minutes and rinse with water to remove the salt.
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil in saucepan and stir-fry the shallots until fragrant.
4. Put in the bitter gourd. Add in 1 tbsp oyster sauce and stir-fry for a while. Cover to simmer over low heat for 7 minutes.
6. Pour the eggs over the bitter gourd.
7. Leave for a while without stirring for the eggs to cook slightly.
8. Stir fry the whole thing until the "egg portion" turns slightly golden brown.
9. Dish out to serve.
(You are surprised that the bitter gourd doesn't taste bitter at all.)