250g red beans
200g rock sugar/brown sugar
2 pcs dried tangerine peel
5 pcs pandan leaves (tie together with a knot)
2 1/2 litre water
1. Wash and soak red beans overnight.
2. Put red beans, pandan leaves and tangerine peel into a pot containing 2.5 litre water. Bring to boil over high flame.
3. Turn to medium-low flame and boil for about 2 hours or until the red beans turn tender.
4. Wash and soak sago for 20 minutes.
5. When red beans are tender, add in rock sugar and sago to cook. Stir from time to time to see sago is cooked (sago turns translucent when cooked).
6. Discard tangerine peel and pandan leaves.