2 big chicken thighs/1 small chicken
100g young ginger
1 small lettuce ( washed and soaked in ice water)
1 bulb garlic
2" old ginger
some sesame oil
some light soya sauce
a bit of sugar ( optional)
1. Boil some water in a pot( enough to immerse the chicken). Put in the garlic, old ginger to boil together. Add salt to taste.
2. When the water boils, put in the chicken thighs and keep the flame low so that the water is JUST boiling.
3. Cover to simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Off the flame and leave the chicken to simmer for further 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp of chicken stock, a bit of salt and sugar(optional) to the young ginger and blend.
8. Garnish with cucumber to serve with lettuce and ginger sauce.
9. Put a piece of boneless chicken on the lettuce together with some ginger sauce.
10. Wrap up the chicken by folding the lettuce . The chicken taste very nice with the ginger sauce instead of the usual chilli and garlic sauce.
11. This dish may be served with rice too.
Note : For big chicken, cook for 60 minutes instead of 40 minutes.
*My brother who had tried out many recipes to cook chicken (by boiling) shared with me this recipe which he considered the best.